1. Chanakya, Kautilya and Vishnugupta are the names of the same person.
2. Chanakya lived in the 4th Century B.C. (about 2400 years ago)
3. He defeated Alexander, who was on his march to conquer the world.
4. Was the King-maker of Chandragupta Maurya.
5. Emperor Ashok was the grandson of Chandragupta Maurya.
6. Chanakya graduated from the University of Takshasheela and was a very sharp student
7. He went on to become a professor of Rajniti(Political Science) at the same University from where he passed out, Takshasheela.
8. Chanakya was the son of Acharya Chanak who was also a teacher.
9. Chanakya vowed to pull down the Nanda Dynasty.
10. The first biggest Indian Empire was Maurya Dynasty and the mastermind behind its success was Chanakya.
11. It is believed that Chanakya gave small amounts of poison to Chandragupta Maurya through his daily meals to make him immune against the poisonous attacks of enemies.
12. Chanakya was a clever strategist, great teacher and visionary.
13. Chanakya wrote the Kautilya Arthashastra and Chanakya Niti
14. Arthashastra Contains 15 books, 150 chapters and 6000 sutras (shlokas)
15. Arthashastra Known as a Book of Economics, state craft, punishments, warfare, strategy etc
16. Arthashastra is a Book of 'Total Management'